WASTELINES project addresses the need to remove plastic from our food and minimise the consumption of processed food, as it’s evident that the very foods associated with better health have the least impact on the environment.
To meet this need the WASTELINES project aims at:
- Raising awareness about the links between obesity and climate change
- Empowering communities to manage their diet to reduce the threat or incidence of obesity
- Empowering communities to understand the concept of a low plastic diet and make more informed consumer choices.
The project will run for 24 months (March 2022-March 2024) and upon completion the following will have been created:
- 15 WebQuests that encourage pupils to think about healthy eating and more physical activity
- 15 digital breakouts that address environmental awareness
- A training programme for primary school teachers
- A portal on climate change and obesity that provides instant access to all WebQuest and Digital Breakout learning resources.
- 1st Primary School of Rafina – Project Lead (Greece)
- Spectrum Research Centre CLG (Ireland)
- CSI CENTER FOR SOCIAL INNOVATION LTD (Cyprus)
- UNIVERSITATEA DIN PITESTI (Romania)
- Proportional Message – Associação (Portugal)
- JAITEK TECNOLOGÍA Y FORMACIÓN SL (Spain)
- CO&SO -CONSORZIO PER LA COOPERAZIONE E LA SOLIDARIETA-CONSORZIO DI COOPERATIVE SOCIALISOCIETA’ COOPERATTIVA SOCIALE (Italy)